Guaranteed Education Program
We believe you'll get the individualized attention and career preparation you need to succeed. In fact, we guarantee it! Students who graduate with at least 64 credit hours from Union College can return for a second bachelor's degree 100 percent tuition free between two and six years after graduation.
There are a handful of programs that are not a part of the Guaranteed Education program because they are in such high demand: international rescue and relief, nursing, physician assistant studies, occupational therapy assistant and our personalized degree program.
Students who graduate from Union with an IRR or nursing degree can return for a second bachelor degree (like teaching, communications, psychology), but students in other programs cannot get a second bachelor's in IRR, nursing or occupational therapy assistant degree under the Guaranteed Education program.
See all the details in the College Bulletin or check out the Guaranteed Education request.
Read about Russell Palmer and his Guaranteed Education experience.
Baccalaureate bonus program
Union’s Baccalaureate Bonus program offers qualified students who hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent the opportunity to take additional undergraduate classes or even to complete another undergraduate degree at half the current tuition rate. Students electing to enter the program may carry either full- or part-time class loads. The following
- Applicants must submit an official transcript verifying completion of the previous degree.
- The Baccalaureate Bonus program’s half-tuition rate applies only to fall and spring semesters.
- Discounts are applied to tuition only and do not apply to laboratory or other fees, clinical coursework, off-campus courses, individual lessons, or the professional phases of Advanced Pre-Physician Assistant, Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant or the International Rescue and Relief program.
- International students who hold a degree equivalent to the American bachelor’s (or higher-level degree) and meet the English language requirement may qualify for the discount.
- Students paying full tuition will receive priority for registration in limited-enrollment classes and laboratory sections.
- Baccalaureate Bonus students must maintain satisfactory academic progress each semester (2.0 minimum semester GPA) in order to continue in the Baccalaureate Bonus program.
- Online courses taken through consortium agreements will likely carry additional course fees that will not be covered by the Baccalaureate Bonus program.
See all the details in the College Bulletin or check out the Baccalaureate Bonus request.
As always, there's some fine print:Applicants to the Baccalaureate Bonus and Guaranteed Education programs must have paid in full any previous account balances held with Union College.
- The student remains responsible for summer school tuition, other expenses, and fees, which—unlike regular tuition—are not reduced. The student also assumes full financial responsibility for classes taken at other colleges or universities.
- Students in the programs are not eligible to receive any other Union College scholarships or financial awards.
- On-campus employment is not usually available to students in the Baccalaureate Bonus or Guaranteed Education program. However, based on campus employment needs, the Student Finance Committee may approve a student’s application for employment.
- Other restrictions may apply. Contact Enrollment Services for more information (402.486.2504).
Union College reserves the right to make changes to any provision or requirement at any time with particular reference to admission, registration, tuition and fees, financial aid and scholarship programs.